Travis E. DeArman is a Principal in McKool Smith's Dallas office. His practice focuses on commercial and intellectual property litigation, with a particular emphasis on patent litigation. Travis has practiced in numerous federal district courts and is experienced with all aspects of patent litigation, from pre-filing investigation to post-trial briefing. That experience further includes handling matters involving a broad range of technology, including telecommunications, digital imaging, lasers, general manufacturing equipment and methods, and oil and gas field equipment.
In 2014, Travis left the private sector to serve as a law clerk for the Honorable J. Rodney Gilstrap, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas. During his clerkship, Travis gained experience and perspective from the other side of the bench, assisting Judge Gilstrap with the busiest civil trial docket in the country, as well as serving as Judge Gilstrap’s clerk when he sat by designation at the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Following the expiration of his term as a clerk, Travis returned to the firm in May 2015.
- Canyon Ridge Resort LLC et al. v. Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. et al. Representing a hotel development firm against an investment bank for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract.
Rankings & Honors
- Named a Texas "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, 2017-2019
Media & Events
- Media Coverage: McKool Smith Secures PTAB Trial Win for Albritton Against Acclarent in Surgical Patent Dispute07.16.2018
- Bloomberg report: "Canyon Ridge lawsuit ends after four years and millions in payments to developer"07.07.2015
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2010.
B.A. cum laude, International Relations, University of Southern California, 2007.
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas