McKool Smith received high marks in the 2020 edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, which describes the firm as a “world-famous patent litigation machine.”
Market commentary about the firm notes that “No other Texas shop gets as many spontaneous recommendations as McKool Smith when it comes to patent litigation; it is a 'powerhouse' with an 'extremely strong trial bench from top to bottom' and 'it is a formidable firm to go up against.'” This year, four McKool Smith principals are recognized in the directory; all of which are ranked as gold tier honorees.
McKool Smith is recognized in the following regions/practice areas:
- Highly recommended nationally for Plaintiff Litigation
- Ranked Gold Tier in Texas for Patent Litigation
McKool Smith attorneys named as top patent practitioners include:
- Mike McKool - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Sam Baxter - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Doug Cawley - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Ted Stevenson - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
Compiled by a team of researchers from Intellectual Asset Management magazine, the IAM Patent 1000 is a guide to top patent practitioners as well as leading patent law firms in key jurisdictions. Based on interviews with in-house professionals and attorneys in private practice, the IAM Patent 1000 looks at the full range of patent services, from creation through management to dispute resolution.