McKool Smith received high marks in the 2021 edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, which has described the firm as a “world-famous patent litigation machine.”
Market commentary about the firm notes that McKool Smith is “one of the leading patent litigation outfits not just in Texas, but in the United States, it is hailed as a “brilliant firm and absolute powerhouse full of top-drawer advocates”. This year, four McKool Smith principals are recognized in the directory.
McKool Smith is recognized in the following regions/practice areas:
- Highly recommended nationally for Plaintiff Litigation
- Ranked Gold Tier in Texas for Patent Litigation
McKool Smith attorneys named as top patent practitioners include:
- Mike McKool - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Sam Baxter - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Doug Cawley - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Blair Jacobs - Received a Silver ranking in Washington, D.C. Litigation and highly recommended nationally for the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the International Trade Commission
Compiled by a team of researchers from Intellectual Asset Management magazine, the IAM Patent 1000 is a guide to top patent practitioners as well as leading patent law firms in key jurisdictions. Based on interviews with in-house professionals and attorneys in private practice, the IAM Patent 1000 looks at the full range of patent services, from creation through management to dispute resolution.