Alan Loewinsohn is an accomplished trial lawyer who represents clients in construction litigation, real estate, contracts, partnerships, litigation involving wind farms, securities, class actions, oil and gas, sports litigation, insurance, intellectual property, estate, professional liability and fraud disputes, wrongful death, and product liability claims. Alan is continually recognized by his peers and legal community for his accomplishments, both in and out of the courtroom.
Alan has built a solid reputation over the years for both his legal acumen and his unwavering commitment to successfully and tenaciously advancing the interests of his clients on both sides of the docket. On behalf of the plaintiff, Alan recently won a verdict worth more than $2 billion, making it the biggest verdict in Texas probate court history, the ninth-largest verdict in American history overall, and the third-largest fraud verdict in American history. It also earned Alan the top spot in the 2020 and 2021 Texas Verdicts Hall of Fame. In a case where the plaintiff was requesting more than $80 million in damages, Alan recently won for the defendant a summary judgment dismissing all claims, which was upheld on appeal.
According to VerdictSearch, The National Law Journal, and Law.com study, Alan has been named one of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers and won the #1 slot for the Elite Trial Lawyers award. Alan received the “Gold Standard” ranking from Chambers USA in 2019, 2021, and 2022 for Litigation in General Commercial Law and was recognized among the Top 100 Lawyers in the State of Texas in 2020.
Alan most recently received the Dallas/Ft. Worth area's Bet-the-Company Litigation Lawyer of the Year award for 2022 by Best Lawyers in America. The Dallas Business Journal included Alan in the first group of "The Defenders." Only 15 lawyers have received this prestigious recognition, which honors the brightest legal brains in the Dallas/Fort Worth region for their outstanding achievements in commercial defense litigation.
Prior to joining the firm:
- Represented an oil and gas company sued by investors for $25 million. The jury ruled in favor of Loewinsohn Deary Simon Ray client, awarding plaintiffs no money. The Trial Court entered judgment confirming the jury verdict and the judgment was upheld on appeal.
- Represented an executor of an estate and general partner of partnership sued for breach of fiduciary duty and to dissolve the partnership. The jury ruled in favor of Loewinsohn Deary Simon Ray clients finding no liability for breach of fiduciary duty. The judge ruled in favor of Loewinsohn Deary Simon Ray clients and did not terminate the partnership.
- Represented Shaquille O’Neal and Hakeem Olajuwon, who were sued by a promoter in New Jersey State Court. Obtained dismissal by the Court of all claims against O’Neal and Olajuwon.
- Represented three prominent Dallas firms suing a former client on a contract and obtained judgment for in excess of $25 million dollars.
- Represented a hotel management company in an international arbitration and obtained a multimillion-dollar judgment against a Spanish entity.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company and obtained a seven-figure confidential award against a major accounting firm for accounting malpractice.
- Represented Jimmy Smith, a former player for the Dallas Cowboys in an arbitration against the Dallas Cowboys and obtained an award of his entire salary for breach of contract.
- Represented singer Kenny Rogers in multiple lawsuits brought against him for intentional inflection of emotional distress and obtained dismissal of all lawsuits.
- Represented owner of wind farm in construction dispute which was settled.
Rankings & Honors
- Named among the Top 100 Lawyers in Dallas Ft. Worth by Texas Super Lawyers, 2022
- Recognized by Texas Super Lawyers as the Top 100 Lawyers in DFW, 2022
- Recognized by Best Lawyers 2023 for Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Recognized by Best Lawyers 2022 as Bet-the-Company Litigation "Lawyer of the Year" in Dallas/Fort Worth
- Recognized by Best Lawyers, D Magazine, 2005 and 2010–2020
- Recognized among the Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2003–2015, 2020
- Recognized among the Top 100 Super Lawyers in the Dallas/Fort Worth region. Selected by fellow members of the Texas Bar Association, 2004–2006, 2008, 2010–2015, 2020
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America, by BL Rankings, LLC, 2007–present
- Recognized by Lawdragon 3000 Leading Plaintiffs’ Lawyers in America as one of the top 3,000 plaintiffs’ lawyers in the US, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Included in Lawdragon's 3000-Leading Lawyers in America, recognizing the top less than one percent of the legal profession in the country, 2006
- Recognized by Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Prominent Lawyers
- Member of the Higginbotham American Inn of Court
Media & Events
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1979
B.S., Northwestern University, 1976
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Supreme Court
- The U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates