Kevin Hess is an associate in the Austin office of McKool Smith. He focuses on patent litigation and inter partes review. Prior to joining the firm, Kevin worked for several years as an engineer in the semiconductor industry.
- Parallel Networks v. IBM and Parallel Networks v. Microsoft. Represents patent owner Parallel Networks in patent infringement actions in the District of Delaware and in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). The patents relate to dynamic web page generation and load balancing technology.
- Optis Wireless Technology et al. v. ZTE. Represented plaintiffs in a patent infringement suit against ZTE in the Eastern District of Texas involving standard-essential and implementation patents related to LTE. The case settled after a favorable claim construction ruling.
- Mobile Telecommunications Technologies LLC v. T-Mobile. Represented defendant T-Mobile in a patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas related to cellular (LTE) technologies, including MIMO and OFDM. The case settled shortly before trial.
- Dynamic 3D Geosolutions LLC v. Halliburton et al. Represented defendant Halliburton and others in a patent infringement suit in the Western District of Texas related to geophysical software. The case settled favorably.
- ParkerVision v. Qualcomm. Member of the trial team that represented plaintiff ParkerVision in a patent infringement suit against Qualcomm in the Middle District of Florida related to wireless receiver technology. The jury awarded substantial damages to ParkerVision.
Rankings & Honors
- Named a Texas "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, 2017-2018
Media & Events
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2013
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, 2006
- State of Texas
- The United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas