Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to America's leading litigation firms and attorneys, has ranked McKool Smith Tier 1 in intellectual property and insurance litigation in its 2020 edition. The firm is also ranked as a highly recommended litigation firm in Texas and a recommended litigation firm in New York.
Firm Co-founder and Chairman, Mike McKool is ranked nationally as an Intellectual Property "litigation star" along with principals Sam Baxter and Douglas A. Cawley is also ranked as a national "litigation stars" for insurance litigation.
The following attorneys are ranked as regional "litigation stars" in their respective states:
- Sam Baxter (Intellectual Property)
- Doug Cawley (Intellectual Property)
- Lew LeClair (Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property)
- Mike McKool (Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property)
- Hugh Ray (Bankruptcy)
- David Sochia (Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property)
- Chris Johnson (General Commercial, Securities)
- Michael Hennigan (General Commercial)
Benchmark Litigation is the only directory to focus exclusively on the U.S. litigation market. The publication's identification of the leading U.S. trial attorneys and firms is the result of extensive interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel. Benchmark Litigation is published by Euromoney Institutional Investor, a leading international business-to-business media group. The firm's complete rankings can be found here.