McKool Smith and 9 of the firm’s principals have been recognized in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA, a guide to the leading law firms and attorneys in the United States.
McKool Smith is ranked as one of the top law firms in the country for intellectual property litigation. Chambers USA also ranks the firm as one of the top commercial litigation, intellectual property, and bankruptcy/restructuring firms in Texas.
In addition, 9 of the firm’s principals have been ranked as leaders in their respective fields, including:
- Sam Baxter: Intellectual Property Litigation and General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Douglas Cawley: Intellectual Property Litigation (Texas)
- Roderick Dorman: Intellectual Property: Patent (California)
- J. Michael Hennigan: Trial Lawyers (National) and General Commercial Litigation (California)
- William LaFuze: Intellectual Property Litigation (Texas)
- Lew LeClair: General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Mike McKool: Trial Lawyers (National); Intellectual Property Litigation and General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Steven Pollinger: Intellectual Property Litigation (Texas)
- Hugh Ray: Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Texas)
Chambers USA is compiled by Chambers and Partners, a London-based publisher of guides to the world's leading law firms and lawyers. To compile the 2015 edition, researchers conducted more than 10,000 interviews with attorneys and business leaders from across the U.S. The final list can be viewed here.
With more than 180 trial lawyers across offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Marshall, New York, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C., McKool Smith has established a reputation as one of America’s leading trial firms. The firm has won more VerdictSearch and The National Law Journal "Top 100 Verdicts" over the last eight years than any other law firm in the country. Courtroom successes like these have earned McKool Smith critical acclaim and helped the firm become what The Wall Street Journal describes as “one of the biggest law firm success stories of the past decade.” McKool Smith represents leading clients in intellectual property, complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy, and white collar defense matters.