Avery Williams is an associate in the Dallas office of McKool Smith. Avery focuses on complex commercial litigation, including the defense and prosecution of contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty actions, and a broad variety of business torts in both state and federal courts. In law school, Avery served as a member of The Barristers, an honorary service society, and as the comment editor for the SMU Law Review.
Prior to law school, Avery was a marketing manager at Nortel.
- Schermerhorn et al. v. CenturyLink et al. Representing CenturyLink in defense of a mass action lawsuit involving 64 plaintiffs in five discrete groups that brought securities fraud claims relating to a sale of control of a distressed company.
- Canyon Ridge Resort LLC et al. v. Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. et al. Representing a hotel development firm against an investment bank for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
- John DeGroote Services v. Harbach, et al. Representing the BearingPoint Inc. liquidating trust in a suit against BearingPoint’s former directors and officers for breach of fiduciary duty.
- In re: Semcrude, LP. Representing a collection of independent oil producers against a midstream oil company.
- Brightstar Corp. v. E-Recycling LLC. Representing a cellular telephone handset recycling company in a breach-of-contract suit.
- De Boulle Diamond and Jewelry Inc. v. Boulle Ltd. Representing a fine jewelry retailer in a trademark infringement suit.
News & Events
J.D., magna cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2010
- Comment editor, SMU Law Review
- Member, The Barristers, an honorary service organization
B.A., Trinity University, 1997
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of Texas