McKool Smith and 10 of the firm’s principals have been recognized in the 2017 edition of Chambers USA, a guide to the leading law firms and attorneys in the United States.
McKool Smith is ranked as one of the top law firms in the nation for both Intellectual Property Litigation and Insurance: Dispute Resolution Policyholder. Chambers USA also recognizes McKool Smith as one of the top firms in New York for Insurance: Dispute Resolution (Policyholder) and Securities Litigation (Institutional Plaintiffs). McKool Smith is also ranked as a leading firm in Texas for Commercial Litigation, Intellectual property, and Bankruptcy/Restructuring. Market commentators describe the firm as the “the gold standard” and “extremely effective.”
In addition, the firm’s principals have been ranked as leaders in their respective fields, including:
- Sam Baxter: Intellectual Property Litigation and General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Douglas Cawley: Intellectual Property Litigation (Texas)
- Roderick Dorman: Intellectual Property: Patent (California)
- Michael Hennigan: Trial Lawyers (National) and General Commercial Litigation (California)
- William LaFuze: Intellectual Property Litigation (Texas)
- Lew LeClair: General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Kyle Lonergan: General Commercial (New York)
- Mike McKool: Trial Lawyers (National); Intellectual Property Litigation and General Commercial Litigation (Texas)
- Steven Pollinger: Intellectual Property Litigation (Texas)
- Hugh Ray: Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Texas)
Chambers USA is compiled by Chambers and Partners, a London-based publisher of guides to the world's leading law firms and lawyers. To compile the 2017 edition, researchers conducted more than 10,000 interviews with attorneys and business leaders from across the U.S. The final list can be viewed here.