Jennifer Truelove is a principal in McKool Smith's Marshall office. She has apprenticed under Sam Baxter since 2010. Jennifer’s trial skills have been sought after and used in a broad range of cases, including litigation involving intellectual property, antitrust, whistleblower, and contract disputes. She has extensive experience in the Eastern District of Texas and has been involved in all aspects of trial, from jury selection to cross-examination of expert witnesses.
Prior to joining McKool Smith, Jennifer was the first assistant district attorney of Harrison County, Texas, where she prosecuted felony cases involving injury and assault of children and represented the Department of Family and Protective Services in cases where children and adults were taken into protective custody. During her seven-year tenure with the Harrison County District Attorney’s Office, Jennifer honed her courtroom skills and became a particularly effective litigator in front of East Texas juries. She is also a trained mediator.
- L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace LLC. Representation of L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace LLC, a contractor in aerospace systems, in a whistleblower litigation brought by a former employee alleging fraudulent charges to the government.
- Reflectix Inc. Representation of Reflectix Inc., a reflective insulation manufacturer, in litigation brought by a competitor alleging patent infringement.
- ContentGuard Holdings Inc. Representation of ContentGuard Holdings Inc., a developer and licensor of content privacy and control technologies, in patent infringement litigation against leaders in the digital rights management technology sector.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company. Representation of Becton, Dickinson and Company, a medical supply manufacturer, in litigation brought by a competitor alleging monopolization and attempted monopolization claims.
- Wi-LAN Inc. Representation of Wi-LAN Inc., a Canadian company, in patent infringement litigation against leaders in the laptop, router, semiconductor, and handset industries.
- OPTi Inc. Representation of OPTi Inc., a chipset company, in patent infringement litigation against an international competitor.
Community & Professional Activities
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2016-present
- Marshall Education Foundation, 2015-present
- Chair, “Marshall Kids Matter” Political Action Committee (which successfully passed over $109 million in school bonds for Marshall Independent School District), 2015
- Member, Local Rules Advisory Committee for the Eastern District of Texas, 2013-present
- Ad hoc advisory member to board of directors, CASA of Harrison County, 2006-present
Media & Events
- “The Knock on the Door,” Co-author, The Advocate Summer (2014): 36-40. Print.
J.D., Texas Tech School of Law, 1999
B.A., Texas A&M University, 1994
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Harrison County Bar Association
- Northeast Texas Bar Association